Navigating the New Google Business Profile: A Simple Guide to Adding Users
Keeping your business’s online information up-to-date is more important than ever. Google Business Profile, a critical tool for managing your presence on Google Search and Maps, has recently simplified its user roles. Now, understanding how to add users and the specific roles they can have – Owner and Manager – is crucial for effective online management. This guide is designed for non-technical users looking to navigate these changes with ease.
Understanding Google Business Profile: Google Business Profile allows you to control how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. You can update your business details, respond to customer reviews, and gain insights into how customers are interacting with your business.
How to Add a User to Your Google Business Profile:
- Sign In: Log into your Google Business Profile account.
- Choose Your Business: Select the business you want to manage from your dashboard.
- Access Users Section: Click on the “Users” icon, typically symbolised by a figure or group icon.
- Invite New User: Click the “Invite new users” button, symbolised by a plus sign.
- Enter Their Email: Type in the email address of the individual you wish to add.
- Assign a Role: Choose either ‘Owner’ or ‘Manager’ as the role for the new user.
- Send the Invitation: Click “Invite”. The user will receive an email to accept the role.
- Owners: Have full control over the profile. They can edit all business information, respond to reviews, add other users, and more. Importantly, owners can also remove the business profile.
- Managers: Have almost all the capabilities of an owner, except for particularly sensitive actions like removing the profile or managing user roles.
Capabilities of Managers: Managers play a vital role in maintaining the Google Business Profile. Their capabilities include:
- Editing Business Information: Updating hours, contact information, and business descriptions.
- Responding to Reviews: Engaging with customer feedback.
- Posting Business Updates: Sharing news, offers, and other relevant posts.
- Accessing Insights: Viewing data on customer interactions.
- Managing Photos: Uploading and organising business-related images.
Conclusion: With the streamlined roles in Google Business Profile, managing your online presence is more straightforward. By correctly assigning roles as Owners or Managers, you can ensure that your business’s digital footprint is accurate, engaging, and secure.
- Regularly assess the roles and permissions of your team to ensure the security and accuracy of your business information.
- Encourage proactive engagement from Managers, as their interactions can significantly enhance your business’s online presence.
Also published on Medium.